Paleo Banana Bread - Get Your Paleo Bread Fix!
Apparently people get tired of eggs for breakfast each morning. While eggs are definitely a paleo breakfast favorite, it is nice to be able to change breakfast up every once in a while.
To be honest, this Paleo muffin thing has eggs in it, but unlike regular banana bread, this healthy recipe is made from almond and coconut flour rather than cereal grain flour. So you don't have to worry about this snack being unhealthy.
I was suprised at how moist and tasty this snack ended up. I was worried that it wouldn't taste very good without all of the sugar or have the consistancy of cardboard.
I was wrong, eating the dough raw made me feel
like a kid again and once cooked, I was pleasantly suprised!
-1 Cup Almond Flour
-1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
-1/4 Cup Flax Seed Meal (Can grind up flax seeds in gringer/magic bullet)
-1 1/2 Tspn Baking Soda
-4 Omega 3 Enriched Free Range Eggs
-2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
-1 Tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup
-1 Tspn Vanilla
-1 Large (Very Ripe) Banana Mashed Up
How To Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Oil 1 Large or 2 Small Load Pans
2. Combine ingredients into two seperate bowls;
- 1 bowl containing the dry ingredients
-1 bowl containing the wet ingredients
3. Pour "wet" ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl
4. Combine into a thick dough and mash the dough into the oiled pan
5. Bake for about 30 mins, give or take 5-10 mins depending on your oven
6. Enjoy for breakfast or simply a paleo snack!